Monday, April 25, 2011

Update on the 3 todo's

1) I started working on the final code. Through www.dreamspark.com I was able to get Visual Studio Pro for free (cheer for being a student). Progress has been slow so far as I have never coded a windows application before, have never used C#, ect. But I am learning lots!

2) I started collecting data for Os, and finished labeling up data for Xs. For Xs I also mirrored all the data I have to effectively double the data, leaving me with 400 positive and currently 1600 negative (might add more if I need to bootstrap more).



3) I decided to go all out with my data collection... and am using 100,000 random comparisons. Progress has been slow because a lot of the scripts/what I was using before doesn't work so well with so much data... it just crashes (and not very gracefully). I was at the stage to do the machine learning point when one of my sticks of ram died (down to 8 gigs from 12), so that is also going to put a hinder on things. At this point though I am really curious to how much better if at all using so much data will work, as compared to only 3000 original data points. Hopefully I will know soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment