Monday, May 9, 2011

Progress on the real time data stream

Unfortunately isn't going as well as I would have hoped. Manipulating the kinect data, at least with the drivers I am using, is rough. But I am learning lots and am making progress, it's just not as fast as I would have hoped.

The main problem I am having is how to access the and process the data from Kinect. How the driver I am using works is that shared memory is used, and is constantly being written to by the Kinect and then read to be displayed. What I am going to have to do is manually go into the memory, hopefully figure out how the video stream is being stored and manually parse the data into extraction the hue value from the depth stream. Once I have this it will be hopefully be easy to segment it, extract the values I need, and then pass them through the ADtrees.

Current:

Mockup:

Also, the computer I have been doing all this development on is going to be out of commission for the about the next week, so I will not be able to work on this part of the project at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment